Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Beirut??????????

So night before last we were sitting in the living room about to read Leighton's AR (Accelerated Reader) book when he says to me, "Mama, I can't wait to be on 2.3......I have been waiting to be on 2.3 all my life." (2.3 is the level book) And I say, "Well, why? What is so great about 2.3?" And he says, "Mama....because I want that book about Beirut." (And I am thinking Beirut? Isn't there a place named Beirut? What on earth could be in a book about Beirut?) So I say, "What IS Beirut?" His response (while looking at me like I have COMPLETELY lost my mind not to mention totally insulted an icon), "Uh, mama, he is that professional baseball player."

I'll let that sink in just a minute.......

And then I start dying laughing....and I loving correct him by saying, "No, baby, it is BABE RUTH!"

1 comment: