Saturday, January 8, 2011

Out of the ashes.....HOPE

We have had a tough week around here.....really tough! One of H's dearest friends and co-worker for more than 10 years passed away suddenly on New Year's night. She was 36 years old! And she left behind 2 precious children, ages 10 and 3. And this left me questioning...WHY???? She was a tremendous woman of God...she was passionate about the gospel and was a servant for Christ in every sense of the word...and, I almost forgot, she was REAL. AUTHENTIC. She was a refreshing change from the "walk the straight and narrow, no fun" kind of Christianity. She loved Jesus authentically. She NEVER tried to be someone she was not. At her funeral, the preacher talked for more than 30 minutes about her impact on the world...the impact she made for Christ. But more than just these things, she was a mom. A good mom. And her "babies"....how will they ever KNOW her.....so I have questioned God....never doubting his goodness or his sovereignty....but in my worldly eyes, she was working for him....she was needed! H said that he thought maybe she was being rewarded....like God was giving her rest for a work well done.....we will never know this side of heaven. But one thing that has come from all of this....a NEW HOPE! I have gained a clarity on life that I am not sure I have ever had before. And it is all about Jesus, y'all! ALL. ABOUT. HIM. Throughout the week, I have had 2 verses that have come to me over and over again, both through devotionals and just coming to my mind. The first was Deutronomy 32:4...the SOVEREIGNTY.... which says "He is the Rock. His work is perfect. For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice, Righteous and Upright is He." And then, in Isaiah 43:19, the HOPE......"Behold, I will do a NEW THING, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

So, I guess that kind of gives you a glimpse into why I haven't written this week....I have been a little melancholy....just a tad deep in my thinking....some might call me a drag! (SMILE!) But, I am learning something about myself, my God, and all that he is doing. I asked for a passion....I never knew this is how it would come...where I would start! But I am going on the ride...the ride with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment