Monday, March 15, 2010

Yes Virginia, there is a MamaCoppedge.......

When I started this blog, I really did believe that I would miraculously have time EACH and EVERY day to write a post....HA! These days my track record for regular posts isn't so good....waiting to write a post feels a bit like waiting for Christmas...although I am not sure you wait on the posts with matched anticipation!

So, where have we been...what have we done....what can I say....since my last post?

* Last Saturday it felt a little like Arbor Day at our house, only it wasn't. We went to our local nursery and bought 2 new trees for our yard. I could almost hear John Denver in his "tree commercial" from SEVERAL years back. "Plant a tree, for our tomorrows...." I don't really remember any of the rest, that just came to mind initially. And, to be honest, our motives for planting the trees were not entirely for the greater good of the environment. If you have ever been to our house, you know that we pretty much have ZERO trees around our house. We did finally get a little landscaping last spring, but as far as trees go, we have none...so we are working on that.

*The week itself was pretty uneventful, except for the fact that we did not make it home before 7:00 ANY night last week....not one! And we don't even have activities that we are involved in...I am not even sure why it was so late every night...well, let me think.
On Monday night we got to play at the park because the weather was beautiful, and
then we were able to enjoy a nice dinner out with Granddad. Thanks for the
dinner!
On Tuesday...well, that day completely escapes me....
On Wednesday night it was church as usual....
On Thursday, Leighton got to go home and play with his friend Mason...they had a
great time. I also got to do something fun....I got to judge cheerleader
tryouts for an out-of-county school, which was good..
On Friday, one of Leighton's best friends (and consequently,his cousin) had a
birthday party at the local skating rink. That is the cool thing to do these
days. And, to go there, man, it will take you back. I was taken back to tight
rolled blue jeans, hokey pokey, limbo, and did I mention the smell? It hasn't
changed in, well, EVER!!! It was so much fun and the birthday girl had a blast!

* On Sunday, guess who forgot about the time change?!? If you guessed us, you win!!!! We actually talked about it several times, but not before bed on Saturday night and certainly not when I looked at the clock the first 3 times Sunday morning...then at 8:40(!!!) Harmon tapped me on the shoulder and so sweetly reminded me that it wasn't 7:40 but was instead 8:40!!!! OH my word!!!!! And we both teach Sunday school....so from 8:40 to 9:25 we managed to get 4 people bathed and DRESSED (because that is essential for attending church - clothes)and get to church. So much for a relaxing morning! Then we ended our night with our friends coming over after church...after an AWESOME church service I mustsay. We had a group called Jews for Jesus come and give a presentation on Christ in the traditional passover meal. It was so neat. Once we got to our house, we had so much fun just eating and enjoying each other's company. Our little "group" has gotten together for several years after church on Sunday nights, but since the kids have started to "big" school we have not been able to get together as often as we would like. We count down the days until we are out of school on a Monday so we can get together....and we just long for the summer. (Incidentally, we really aren't too concerned with the guys work schedules since they are rarely off on Monday no matter what the time of year and we continue to get together because we are "all" off on Monday....)

* And now we are at Monday again...only this Monday is SPRING BREAK!!!! Oh blessed relief! It has been such a nice day...well, I guess nice is a relative term as it relates to my day....and what I mean is that I have not had to go ANYWHERE!!!! But I have done TONS of laundry. When I was reading Leslie's post today about her laundry issues from the weekend, well, I felt a certain laundry bond with her. I am notorious for washing it and drying it, but not so notorious for actually folding it and putting it up. About once a month I vow that I will never again wash laundry and not follow through all the way to the end..and that lasts until about the end of that day and I am back in my washing pit. So today, my only real accomplishment is getting all of the laundry done...and when I say ALL, I mean ALL....right downt to clean sheets on all of the beds and all the clothes where they belong. So today is a success.

Another note about today.....I adore being home with my children! It is so much fun and I enjoy getting a taste of being a stay-at-home-mom, but honestly, after only ONE day at home, I am pretty sure I would terrible at it! Maybe if that is what I did, I would do so much better....develop a schedule, actually get up at a decent time....but as it is, I sleep in until the kids get up, I have had my pjs on all day long, my children have nasty faces and still have on pjs too (actually Logan is down to just a t-shirt and diaper). Basically, we are pathetic! And my patience is wearing down at the end of this day! I have fixed approximately 152 different things to eat, changed 3 dirty diapers, cleaned up 2 spills.....but then, I have also dyed easter eggs (just as an assistant to my almost-6-year-old son), made crayons that have "sparkles" in them, cuddled my sweet just-over-2-year-old son when he woke up from his nap super grumpy, played in our playroom that we have visited only about 5 times since Christmas, and laughed and hugged and loved and played....
so today, above all else, I am thankful for the blessings of my life, the absoloutely wonderful and the not quite so pleasant, and all that comes along with being a wife a mom.

I plan to do better posting this week...but honestly, I cannot promise...or I will not promise....because every day starts out looking promising for a post and then, the day actually begins.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know I'm not the only one who falls short in the laundry area. They all get washed regularly, but I HATE putting them up!

    Thanks for the update on life. I check everyday just in case, so you can always bet there's at least one person glad when you post. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check all of our blogs everyday mostly to nothing new. I have been doing this for about 2 years now and I don't post nearly as often as I would like. Sometimes its writer's block, other times I just don't feel like sharing what I thought was a not so exciting day. I do know that those who follow us get some enjoyment from what we write. I remember back at Christmas you said you were intimidated at the thought of writing. You do a wonderful job, we all find it interesting. It is good to hear about your family. I love you. Keep it up.
    Unclewesty, over and out.

    ReplyDelete