Okay, below is the post that I started LAST THURSDAY AFTERNOON....and today is the first day that I have come back to it....lack of focus? I think not! Lack of interest? Most definitely not! Lack of time? ABSOSTINKINLUTELY....but the 2 things were 2 things that I thought still bore (is that a word?!?) mentioning:
I have 2 quick things before I get to my real post:
First of all, as I write, I am listening to the sound of my boys BELLY LAUGHING! They have been playing so hard, so surprisingly well, since we got home. There is no sweeter sound that their laughter. I love that they are joyful and happy! I love that they are mine..entrusted to me by my gracious heavenly father!
Second, I am just so excited....some friends of ours from Centreville actually just FOUND my blog today! How exciting! She saw that I had left a comment on another blog and sent me a comment. I tried to leave her a comment as well...my computer was acting up so I am not sure if it went through...if not, "Hey Amy! I will come back and leave another comment!" That is one of the main reasons that I wanted to start a blog...so we could stay in touch with people who we almost never get to see...for all of its faults, isn't the internet a nice thing?!
Now, for my real post.....
But, as for the real post, I will save that for tomorrow. Today, I must catch you up. So many things to say, so little brain power left in this day!
* Leighton has a LOOSE TOOTH! Aren't you excited? Well, if not, let me tell you something, he is!!!! Although I think he is also a little, um, concerned, about pulling the tooth...like to the point of tears...there has been much weeping and gnashing of teeth...honestly, I don't know where he gets it?! (I promise to post a picture once it has fallen out..notice I said fallen...because at this rate, it will have to FALL out...and that might be when he is 12.)
* Logan's discussion with H tonight:
Logan: "Why do I have to do dat, daddy?"
H: "Because I am the BOSS!"
Logan: (laughing) "You not the boss...you just daddy!"
H: "I am the boss because I am the daddy...daddy's are the boss."
Logan: "No, no...you just still daddy!"
* Week's sweetest sentiment:
On Tuesday I went a read to Leighton's class for Read Across America day. I read 2 books and also stayed for lunch...and I brought him a personal pan pizza, 3Reese cups (my love language, remember?) and a Mountain Dew (sorry Aunt Laurie!) When I asked him that afternoon what the best part of the day was, he said "When you came to read to me. And it wasn't just the best part of today...it made it the greatest day ever!" (Someone remind me of this when he is refusing to hug me when he is 14!)
* In our Word Dare class on Sunday nights, we are currently reading in Leviticus for our Old Testament reading. It has been really interesting reading so far...things that maybe I have read before, but mostly, I think that I haven't. It has been fascinating..but the last few chapters, Leviticus 9-13, well, they have just been gross. They have been in DEPTH, GREAT DEPTH, regarding the sacrificing of animals, the clean/unclean animals, and most recently, skin diseases/sores. I know that the Bible is God's word and I have more respect for it than I can convey, but I just couldn't figure this part out...when I asked H, he said that he that that part was in there solely for directions for God's people at that time. And, I guess that makes sense. If he had a way that he wanted them to do it, he had to let them know...but man, it has made for tough reading. I do think that it has given me a totally new perspective on the Bible though...all of the Old Testament reading has. It isn't just random verses here and there, but up to this point, it is an intricately woven story...like a great novel....and I guess maybe it is kind of neat to think about what all they had to do...and makes me all the more thankful for the fact that God, in his EXTREME love for us, sent Jesus so that we no longer have to sacrifice animals in that way....so that we no longer have to call ourselves "unclean" although we often are. The veil was torn so that we could have direct conversation with our GOD....and reading the Old Testament has given me a whole new perspective on the great gift of Jesus. Don't misunderstand, I have always recognized the sacrifice, the great love, but as I read this and thought how "gross" it seemed, it really sunk in that people actually had to do that....and it made me thankful for the day of my salvation all over again.
See you tomorrow with another post on something I found in the Old Testament that Rocked My World!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment