Sunday, November 14, 2010

When you see yourself in your child........

There are so many times that I look at my children and think...."Oh my word! They act just like me!" And, typically, it is when they are NOT at their finest! But yesterday afternoon,I looked at Leighton and thought, "That is just like me when I was his age...." Only this time, I didn't have to cringe right after the thought. H was outside working on our "wood pile".....which means he was trying to move all of the junk away from the pile of wood that will bring me endless hours of delight through a fire this winter. Leighton was working HARD out in the woods right beside him, so I went over to check it out. Much to my delight and amusement, he was making him a "house" in the woods. He had his rake and he was diligently working on clearing his hallway, his living room....his house was even complete with a Christmas tree. It took me back to SO many years ago when my and my sisters would spend hours making "houses" in the woods at my parents house. We had bedrooms, living rooms, bathrooms...and those are some of my very best memories....it made my heart smile to see him enjoying the beautiful creation that God gave us. He has always been much more of an outside than an inside boy, but this is the first time that I have seen him working his imagination....and I guess it is just that he has finally reached that age. Anyway, it was nice to see something in him that reminded me of myself that didn't make me wish I was someone else for him to see!

The only thing that would have made it sweeter would have been if Logan could have been out there, but he was NOT interested...do you hear me???? NOT INTERESTED! I'll give it a few more years! I do look forward to the day when they will play together doing things like that....you know just being kids....just being little boys!

For your viewing pleasure, some pictures of the house:

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!
(For some reason I can't get them to upload - surprise, surprise-....and then, when I get ready to upload them, they are on the wrong computer.....you will just have to take my word for all of this.....and when EVERYTHING is going my way, maybe then I can show you some pictures!)



No comments:

Post a Comment