Monday, June 7, 2010

Two Months to the Day.....It's good to be back!!!!!

Okay, okay......I know it has been 2 months since my last post......but now I am BACK!!!!! It feels good! There are no excuses for my lack of blogging over the past 2 months and I know that you pretty much don't want to hear my whining....but I must tell you that my life has been COMPLETELY out of control since the beginning of April! Work was CRAZIER than it has EVER been, Leighton pretty much had Kindergarten meltdown and cried hysterically every day before school, Logan experienced severe aversion to his daily routine....it short, it was HECK! I have heard people say over and over that you are only as happy as your least happy child....and when you have 2 that are unhappy.....well, at least now I understand why most everyone I know takes medication! LOL! I pretty much couldn't function normally....I mean, I went about my daily routine, but I took on an edginess that just didn't suit! But, finally, FINALLY, school's out for summer! (Go ahead, sing it!!!!) And, in the words of Leighton, "Mama, the worst day of summer is probably better than the best day at school!"....Amen, Baby, Amen!

Anyway, to bring you up to speed BRIEFLY, we finished baseball season and I must say, we have quite the ball player on our hands! He misses it, and to tell you the truth, so do I! We are thinking about fall ball.....













We did manage to complete kindergarten!

We got a super gift from Aunt Laurie.....how cool are these jerseys?!?!















We also got another super cool gift from Aunt Laurie.......(and yes, it really does look like the picture! I am pretty much accustomed to things looking way better on the box than in real life...totally not in this case! And, I know you are thinking that this would be so much better if I actually had pictures of MY children on the REAL slide...and I agree....but I haven't managed to juggle the camera and the slide yet...be patient with me!)


















And, today, we started Vacation Bible School at our church!














So, I will pledge anew to try to keep you appropriately informed regarding our daily comings and goings......but, rest assured, I am sure I will have some major catastrophe soon and I will hold true to my sporadic blogging....it is who I am people! Don't hate the player, hate the game!!!!!! (Yeah, I just said that...now I am going to go read my Teen Beat and watch MTV!)

Thank you very much!

(Just to clarify....Aunt Laurie did NOT buy the Phillies jerseys, and I do not think those are super cool....she actually purchased authentic Braves jerseys complete with their names on the back....I also realize that the picture of the slide is sideways.....just go ahead and thank me for the neck exercise that you will get while looking at it......Blogger seems to still be ticked at me for my long absence and REFUSES to help me with my pictures...and since I am working with DIAL-UP - yep, you read right, dial up - it has taken a portion of my life today that I will never be able to get back to upload these 4 pictures.....so, maybe if I get to high speed soon I will make the picture corrections...)

2 comments: