Happy Sunday! We have had a very HOT day today.....fun....but HOT....and did I mention that it was HOT!?! Okay, just checking! The boys and I took a little ride down to our place on the lake. My parents and my sister's family were there, so we just invited ourselves right along.....we just had a few hours but the boys enjoyed a little swimming (not in the lake...you know I am WAAAAYYYY too nervous to let them swim in water that is pretty much the color of, well, black, and is approximately 368 feet - or 12 feet - deep). So instead we have a small little pool that we put on the deck and fill to let them play in. This seems to satisfy them...well, most of them....Leighton informed me today that he was longer than the pool is wide and that it just wasn't working for him anymore.....so, I have vowed to him to try to muster up the courage to let him actually swim in the lake...NEXT TIME! I did have a huge lapse in judgment for a brief enough time to actually put them on the SeaDoo (I have never been much of a speller)with my dad and watch them ride off into the "big water" for a ride. I totally blame it on the extreme heat and the fact that I had not had sufficient amounts of caffeine to keep me on my toes....anyway, right after they rounded the slew a breeze blew in that awakened me.....OH MY GRACIOUS!!!!! PLEASE COME BACK! But, as you may guess, everything was fine and the boys had a fantastic time......and then we had to leave...oh pooh! But, we did get a few words of wisdom from Leighton....
"Mama, there is no sight more wonderfuler than the sea!" (said as we drove up and saw the lake)
"Mama, deep in the bottom of my stomach I just have this feeling that we are going to see a scorpion." (to which I can totally relate...I have that feeling sometimes too)
Thanks for our ride, Pop!
No comments:
Post a Comment