Since we were going to be home, oh, EVERY DAY the first week we were out for Christmas, I thought I should plan some fun, Christmas-y activities....OBVIOUSLY I did NOT realize what all would come with the taking out of the tonsils....as I am an amateur...anyway, one of the activities....Gingerbread Houses...or ONE gingerbread house. What is with stores? Or our stores? I couldn't find just your run-of-the-mill houses....so, we just found one (thanks, Mama!) They weren't nearly as delighted as I was with the activity. They did finish...sort of! But they pretty much fought the entire time....how is that for a Merry Christmas with gingerbread house...to be fair, the idea of this was that the house smells like fresh gingerbread, the Christmas music is playing while a warm fire crackles in the fire place, and we have a wonderful family moment.
Aside....when I was in college, my friend Brooke's mom did the whole homemade gingerbread house thing for several of us girls. I had NEVER made a gingerbread house before then...that is one of my very favorite Christmas memories!
The reality was that I bought the kit (no smell), no one liked my Christmas music (Dave Barnes - LOVE!), H was trying to grill steaks, I was probably NOT my most chipper, and Leighton felt like crap...Logan, he was just being his normal self....which is more than anyone can take doing a "regular" activity on a "good" day....I did get some pictures. Without all of this detail you might actually have believed we are the "perfect" family! We are....all other 364 days of the year! (HA!)



No comments:
Post a Comment