Thursday, July 1, 2010

Have I mentioned that I really am NOT a cat person????

I haven't really had much to say this week, which is why this is my first post of the week. I mean, I can always come up with something to say (if you know me you know this for a FACT)but I feel like if I am going to take your time it should be something noteworthy, or at least involve some sort of photography of my children. But this week, there just hasn't been much happening...which is not a bad thing! Monday, we just stayed around the house. Tuesday, I worked...so you can see why there is no blog for that day. Wednesday, I had to take Logan for an ear re-check and we spent 2 hours at a portrait studio trying to get a few pictures of Logan. And by a few I mean approximately 250 pictures....why oh why can I not just stick to the $10.95 package? Perhaps it is because they take about 100 shots and I cannot bear to just order one pose, even though I do get the CD (actually I think you only get the CD when you spend a certain amount which explains why I always get one...I just cannot resist). I felt the need to have some pictures made of Logan since I have TONS of Leighton and of Logan, not so many....I wanted to at least be able to tell him that I did document his babyhood to some degree. Then we strolled around the mall at about 25 mph so Logan would not get "bored". Why did I even bother???!!!??? I couldn't look at anything! So we ended up eating chicken nuggets at the food court and marveling at the larger-than-life American flag hanging from the top of the mall. It was an awesome time. I rarely get to spend one-on-one time with either of the boys, so it is always a joy! (Leighton and I had a day early in May and it was delightful too.) After a maddening ride home, we made it to the library just in time to see Leighton recieve his "prizes" for participating in the summer reading program. A few of the other mothers and I were sitting watching the "presentations" and determined that the kids were recieving a wonderful collection of toys that would be great for decorating the garbage cans. But they LOVED all of the stuff....and I was proud that he participated. I forgot my camera...bummer!

On a totally unrelated note and to get to the title of the post, I really am not a cat person....no offense to those of you who are. It is just that really, I guess I am not much of an animal person at all....I mean, I love puppies and kittens....so maybe that makes me a small animal person....but when they grow up into big animals, not so much! So, having not 1 but 2 cats at our house has been, well, interesting. Both of them are strays, I suppose. One showed up Christmas Eve (the one I have the greatest amount of affection for)and the other, well, I can't really remember when she came. Anyway, I posted Sunday (or Monday)that when we got home from the beach, Stevie (can you tell we first thought she was a he?) had given birth to 5 babies. I am sorry to say that one of them did not make it...it broke my heart. But the other 4 are doing great. (H says Stevie gained a friend in me when she had babies, and I guess in many ways, he is right. I can't help but have a certain respect for any mama who has 4 babies at one time and who just wants to leave them for a MINUTE to go to the bathroom by herself.) And then, Orange Cat came home. This was the other cat who, you guessed it, is also a girl and is also "with kittens". Anyway, still no babies from her yet, but I am proud to report that she has made great strides in the area of social skills. She has really only in the last week or so begun to let us even come close to her, so this morning when she let Logan pet her, I was impressed. The Logan came to me and said, "Orange Cat try to eat my toys. You can tell her to stop?"

Now, we are headed outside to play on the slip-n-slide. I know you are wondering why in the world we would even purchase a slip-n-slide seeing that we have the world's most awesome water slide but we, no I, had to work at the church for a while this morning and the boys had to come along so I promised them a slip-n-slide in return for their love and devotion as we made approximately 50 trips up and down the stairs at church in various buildings. So, I'm off....Logan just came in and said to me, "Mama, can you open this swip-n-swide? Don't fug (should be plug but sounded more like buck without the b add an f) it up!" How do I go to work and leave them August-May?????

See, I told you there was nothing to write about today!

No comments:

Post a Comment