Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Aftermath

This morning, Leighton and I decided on the way to school that it had already been a busy week (just the first 2 days), so we thought we would come home this afternoon and not go back to church and choir....you know, just RELAX.....you heard me right, relax! I am not sure what made me think that home plus kids would equal relax, but that was the word I had in mind....in any world where you are spending time with a 2 year old and a 5 year old I think a better word would be PLAY.....and now, looking back, I think a better word for us might have been SURVIVE! I'll try to be brief.....

We did manage to get home by 4:30. Both boys wanted to play outside, but it was so cold. I finally convinced them that they could play around in the basement...and I thought that would be a good time to clean out my car a little bit...WRONG! Although Leighton was intent on helping me (and did a great job), Logan (as you can imagine) jumped from one thing to the other....and landed on bubbles! We haven't had those out since summer! But I decided that couldn't do too much harm, RIGHT?!? So I open the bubbles, turn around to pick something up off of the floor, only to turn back around to a wrinkled nose, open mouth and some kind of strange noise....like maybe a cross between a growl and hocking something up out of your throat....and a mischevious little smile....yes, Logan had taken a "sip" of his bubbles....

when I asked him why, he replied "Logan wanted to...tastes yucky....need sompin' drink." So, after a brief panic, a call to poison control, and a whole cup of juice, we recovered.....

Only to find ourselves outside of Leighton's bathroom about 2 hours later.....this time Logan is COVERED in Vaseline...all over his face, all over his hands....

when I asked him why, he replied "Logan wanted to....needed some ceam (cream)on my face." (Are you sensing a pattern here? This one caused much less panic so I did get a picture, although it scarcely does the situation justice.) So, we get him cleaned up, we recovered......








Only to find ourselves ready for bed and Logan comes in with ziploc bags....and below is what the drawer he retrieved those bags from looked like......





At this point, we just had to go to bed.....one of the ladies I work with asked me today if Logan had done anything noteworthy lately (I always have a story about one of the boys) and I told her no, not that I could think of.....Gracious, I hope she doesn't ever ask that again!


I also failed to mention that Logan tee-teed in the floor after his bath! The night was too much! Posts like this make me wish I would have had a blog when Leighton was little....that would have been some good stuff! Right now, he is just my little man.....we had the chance to go to Prattville on Tuesday afternoon by ourselves and we had a GREAT time. But, our conversations were full of, well, important topics! Who would have thought it! My 5 year old and me having a lengthy discussion about the 7 continents! It is such a blessing to watch him grow....

No comments:

Post a Comment